5 Local SEO Tips for More Traffic in 2023
Search Engine gives weight-age to the Location-based result which has relevancy to the user location. Earlier Location was estimated using IP Address but now smartphone and location-based technology made it possible for the the search engine to get the location of the user very precisely. 60% of internet searches are local searches.
People are looking for some service provider, shop, specific brand store, etc near them. This indicates it is high time for you to adopt Local SEO strategies if you Own a small business to target local customers.
Google Business Profile is a tool to create, manage and optimize you Business Profile on Google. It shows these profiles on Search Engine Result Page and Google Map as well.
5 Local SEO Strategies for 2023
1. Have A Google Business Profile Account
Google My Business is a tool to create, manage and optimize you Business Profile on Google. Google shows these profiles on Search Engine Result Page and Google Map as well.
2. List Your Business Online in Multiple Sites
Business listings are an online brief information of your business. It helps customers to find you online and in real life. Business listings also helps improving your google profiling by adding more value into it due to more citation. You can list your business on business listing site to get more traffic through local searches, some of the Business listing sites are:-
- Just dial
- India Mart
3. Use Consistent NAP In Business Listing Sites
Nap is a core of Local SEO. NAP is a short form of Name, Address and Phone Number. When you enter your NAP in different Business Listing Sites, You will have to ensure it is the same letter-for-letter.
- Do not allow even the slightest inconsistency in your NAP across the internet as it is case sensitive.
- Even difference in formats can confuse search engines.
4. Make Your Site Mobile Friendly
Well, when we talk about local searches we need to know that almost 61% of google searches are being performed by mobile devices and when it comes to local searches then the percentage of mobile searches rises. So, if you got a website and you want it to appear on local searches then you will have to work on its mobile friendliness.
You can optimize your site using these tips:
- Make Sure your Site loads quickly on mobile devices, precisely under 3 seconds.
- Ensure your content is readable. It has a font size that is readable.
- Don’t fill your content with too many images, use images sparingly. No room for fillers on a mobile screen.
- Make sure you use intuitive UI for a better user experience.
- To check if your website is optimised aptly you can use this free mobile friendly testing tool.
5. Creating Content Based on Locality
Well, if you want to attract local audience to your site and want to improve local traffic on your site then one of the best option will be creating content based on Local Event, News and Stories.
Local Audience are going to relate more to local contents about stories and events near them and this is an opportunity for you to get your potential customer. You can write blogs about local content on your website, you can create some pages on your site based on local contents you can also create videos.
Local SEO can improve your presence across the web. Optimised Local SEO can bring you quality leads and improve the conversion rate all together. If you are willing to learn Search Engine Optimisation to sky rocket your business check our SEO Course here.
This article is submitted by our student Shail Shubham